Monday, August 17, 2009

Parati é o paraíso

I made a last minute decision to visit Parati for 2 days because Juliana and Camilia have work and school and I saw most of Sao Paulo during the week. I'm so happy I came! Parati is a small town on the coast north of Sao Paulo in the state of Rio. I took an overnight bus and arrived this morning. The BBQ last night was awesome I had a lot of fun and met a lot of cool people. I was a little sad to leave Sao Paulo though.

The weather here is perfect, it was 90 and sunny. I walked around an old fort and then went to the beach. Later on I decided to explore the old town. They had some of the most interesting shops and artist I´ve seen so far in all of South America. One of them had really cool acrylic and resin designs.







I also discovered a self serve ice cream sundae place where you can get as much as you want and they weight it to determine the price. Mine was about $5 but I definitely got my money´s worth ;) Tomorrow I´ll be taking the bus to Pouso Alegre, a town in the state of Minas Gereis. Mariana lives here and we´re going to Florianapolis on Thursday morning. Hopefully I can upload my pictures to Picasa while I'm at her house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where are you in the world?