Monday, June 18, 2012

One Hundred Days of Travel


Max Brenner Chocolate Shop
Everyone should travel alone once. I think experiencing freedom from our daily responsibilities to others, to time, and to our own schedules is rejuvenating. Today, that meant aimlessly wandering around Singapore and not worrying that I forgot my watch because I had no where to be. Sometimes I get bored of travelling alone, but there's always new people to meet in every place you go. I have one hundred days of travel left before returning home. I often use a day calculator to estimate my per-day spending budget when traveling. Better to save now and spend later than be eating crackers for a month at the end of my trip.

Singapore is fairly easy to get around. I found a green hostel on the internet, so of course I had to check it out. It's called Tree In Lodge and has a great central location.

The Fantastic Popsicle Chocolate Fondue
The city is very aesthetic although I get the feeling that I might get fined for walking on the grass or crossing the street before the walk light turns green! For readers unfamiliar with politics here there are very strict laws about everything from chewing gum and smoking in public to mandatory death sentencing for drug traffickers. The result is an efficient city with virtually no unemployment or poverty. (And I haven't seen any stray cats or dogs either!)

I could not resist the temptation of dessert at the Max Brenner Chocolate Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where are you in the world?