Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sightseeing!

I had a full day of tourist activities today. I made breakfast at my hostel and then took the Metro to the "Luz" station. It's a beautiful building and it was actually assembled in England and then disassembled and sent to São Paulo. There was a very interesting museum there - the Museum of Portuguese Language. They had great exhibits but unfortunately I was limited in understanding a lot because nothing was in English or Spanish. After that I went to the Pinacoteca (literally means picture gallery) which was a museum that housed all different types of media by brazilian artists. There was a huge whale made out of denim material. There was also a unique textiles exhibit by the artist Norberto Nicola.
I took a break and walked around the park next to the museum which was really nice because they had all different kinds of sculptures and trees in it. Then I decided to head back in the direction of the hostel and walked through the downtown area. I got a really cute pair of shoes too for about $7 USD!

After a lot of walking around I went back to the hostel to make dinner and decided to stay in for the night because tomorrow will be my last day in Sao Paulo. I'll be posting the rest of my pictures soon, look for a link on the right side of the page :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where are you in the world?